Sunday 29 April 2018

Turquoise



Sometimes a vision just doesn't come out as planned. This project was going to be 2 quilts.  I fell in love with the turquoise print at a quilt shop, and bought it and a few friends. Got home, and realized I didn't have enough fabric, so I supplemented with some purple and turquoise from my stash.  I absolutely loved the colours, piled up on my table. But putting the quilt together, it's just a bit much, I think.

The other "half" of the project was triangles with dark stripes on the end - which was supposed to be a second quilt.  I carefully sized all my bits so they'd be the right dimensions to donate. But now I don't like either one in the original form.

My friends suggested combining them all, like I did for my practice sample a few months ago. So I tried that out.

I'm definitely much happier with this layout. It's still a lot of purple/turquoise, but the dark bands seems to help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment