Sunday 15 April 2018

Single Girl Garden

Sometimes a plan just doesn't work out like you envisioned. I had these blocks from a Single Girl quilt, leftover from some repairs. Each of them had a small tear, where stitches were unpicked and the fabric damaged. I thought I could put them together, applique some flowers, and turn it into a garden quilt.  I also wanted to make sure it could end up as a donation, so I needed a bit more size than the blocks provided on their own. 

This is the result of that attempt. Not great, but hopefully cheerful enough to make someone happy.  A stormy day, raining Kaffe Fassett flowers down from the skies.

Because the flowers were appliqued with fusible, I quilted each of them heavily to make sure they would not lift off. The rest of the quilt is more lightly quilted, to try to keep it soft enough for snuggling.


2 comments:

  1. I think it worked it out fine, even if not as envisioned! Very cheerful and a one-of-a-kind. Lucky recipient :-)
    -Liz H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely .I like the combination of styles

    ReplyDelete