This is my 100th post. Wow! It's hard to believe I've had that much to say about my quilting.
The picture isn't the greatest, with the sunlight behind it. I had this all done, and then had to take the borders off because I had mis-measured. Actually, what I did is calculate the borders based on the size the quilt should be. But my 1/4 inch seams are never perfect, and the quilt was about 1/2 inch narrower and 3/4 inch shorter than expected - so my borders were too long. Foolishly, I thought I could ease them to fit - but because the quilt is entirely on the bias, the quilt stretched and when I hung it up the borders waved.
So, after much debate about whether I could stretch the whole thing while quilting, I finally took off the borders and recalculated. There's now a narrow gold border tucked in before the dark brown one. I like the effect, and it wasn't that difficult once I buckled down to do it.
With all of that, I did manage to use a small bit of stash this week.
1/2 yard out
Total in this year - 37 yards
Total out this year - 37 3/4 yards
Net this year: 3/4 yard OUT
Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters have been up to.