Sunday 14 March 2010

2 More Finishes

I've been busy today.   Got to go out for lunch and some quilt-shop browsing with a friend.   I managed to leave without buying anything new (except for some new needles), so nothing added to my stash this week.

But around the outing, I managed to get a lot of quilting done.   Two quilties finished, ready to send to the children's hospital at the guild meeting on Wednesday.

Hearts and Nines is the first one.   My red celtic square, surround by hearts and nine-patches.  The quilting on this one is a meander with hearts interleaved.   In the middle, I echo-quilted around the celtic knot.

The second one is my tic-tac-toe quilt, made from blocks I won in the block lotto.  I posted about the set of blocks here - there are 48 in total, and I pulled 9 of them for this quilt.  The rest will make a few more quilts over the next few months.

These are really fun, bright blocks, so I wanted a fun setting for them.  I think this will make a nice quilt for a child.


For this quilt, I echo-quilted in each of the small blocks, following the lines of the bright tic-tac-toe.  The photo on the right shows the back of one of the blocks (click on the photos to enlarage).

The blocks in this quilt came from 8 different quilters, so I included each of their first names and locations on the label.

Both of these quilts will be donated to the local children's hospital.


And since it's Sunday, here's my stash report for this week.  Nothing in, and nothing out (all the bindings for the above quilts were already counted).

Total in this year - 42 yards
Total out this year - 46 1/2 yards

Net this year: 4 1/2 yards out

Check out Judy's blog for other stash reports today.

5 comments:

  1. Great quilts! I like the setting that you decided on for the tic-tac-toe quilts.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I'm proud of both of us for the restraint we showed in walking out of a quilt shop with so little to show for it except inspiration.

    The Tic-tac-toe quilt finished off amazing and it's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts. The echo quilting fits perfect with your lotto quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good way to look at how your job affects your quilting. And I think those celtic quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finishes! I really love how you quilted that tic tac toe quilt!

    ReplyDelete