I've been busy today. Got to go out for lunch and some quilt-shop browsing with a friend. I managed to leave without buying anything new (except for some new needles), so nothing added to my stash this week.
But around the outing, I managed to get a lot of quilting done. Two quilties finished, ready to send to the children's hospital at the guild meeting on Wednesday.
block lotto. I posted about the set of blocks here - there are 48 in total, and I pulled 9 of them for this quilt. The rest will make a few more quilts over the next few months.
These are really fun, bright blocks, so I wanted a fun setting for them. I think this will make a nice quilt for a child.
For this quilt, I echo-quilted in each of the small blocks, following the lines of the bright tic-tac-toe. The photo on the right shows the back of one of the blocks (click on the photos to enlarage).
The blocks in this quilt came from 8 different quilters, so I included each of their first names and locations on the label.
Both of these quilts will be donated to the local children's hospital.
And since it's Sunday, here's my stash report for this week. Nothing in, and nothing out (all the bindings for the above quilts were already counted).
Total in this year - 42 yards
Total out this year - 46 1/2 yards
Net this year: 4 1/2 yards out
Check out Judy's blog for other stash reports today.