Monday 11 July 2011

Design Wall Monday - July 11

My design wall has my July UFO on it this week.  This one has been a challenge to get started on.  I mentioned my trouble finding the bits and pieces last week.  And then when I finally took the plunge, I discovered that I didn't have any of the fusible web I needed to make more bias tape.  That took a few days to resolve, and I finally bought some on Saturday morning, after trips to 2 local quilt shops. But now that I'm fully supplied, I actually made some significant progress on the dragon.

I spent a lot of time on Saturday working on this, in between getting ready for my visitors to arrive.  Now that I'm back into the swing, I remember why I like stained glass quilts.

Check out Judy's blog for more design walls this week.

3 comments:

  1. That dragon is looking really good. I love stained glass quilts as well, but not all the work that goes into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dragons and I think this is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dragon is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete