Thursday 20 December 2012

For some reason, I am having a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year.  And I have no motivation to do anything in my sewing room, which you might have figured out from the complete silence on my blog over the past week and a half.  I don't know what it is.  The Christmas tree is up, other decorations are up, presents are bought, wrapped and packed, ticket is booked.  Assuming the world doesn't end tomorrow, and that we are not completely snowed under from the storm that's headed this way, I'm ready, but I'm not feeling Christmas-y for some reason.

But enough of that.  Maybe a quilt-y post will help get me out of this funk! Guild last week was the last meeting of the year.  In  addition to our pot-luck, we had an ugly fabric exchange.  Everyone brought 1 yard of fabric.  We passsed it around, tore the fabric piece in half, kept half and then passed the next chunk around and continued.  So everyone got varying sized pieces of about 8 different ugly fabrics.  The challenge - make a quilt using all of these fabrics (plus any additional fabrics we want to add).  Here are my uglies.

And a close up.  Now to figure out what to do with them.  We have until June, so I'll let these stew for a while. I have a few thoughts, but they need time to gel.


No comments:

Post a Comment