Monday 26 August 2013

Dreambird

Today's the first linkup for the Dreambird knit-a-long.  I don't think I'll be linking up quite as frequently as Judy is posting (3 times a week), but I'll try to keep up and keep you all posted on my progress. This pattern is turning out to be fun, and actually pretty simple once you get started on it.  The keys seem to be following the directions carefully, and following the directions carefully :)

I do highly recommend a bias bind-off for this, as Denise mentioned in one of her posts - it is going to make a much nicer neck edge than the stair-step bind off that the directions produce (ok, so in this case I didn't follow the directions).  I found a good link for the bind off here

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the idea of bias bind off! I just received my yarn so I a "Slowsky"! Also a little intimidated by it but I will give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration! You Judu, Denise, Theresa and others are a big help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Can't wait to see it as you complete more. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the bind-off tip/link Krista! I would have never thought of that - now if I can just figure out how to do it :*) I'm really loving your colors - that bright blue with the softer feathers is stunning!

    ReplyDelete