Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stash Report - Oct 20

It's been a while since I had anything to mention in my stash report, but today I have a completed top!  I finished the top from the Kaffe Fassett workshop a few weeks ago, and put together the backing for it yesterday.

The quilt will be a donation to Victoria's Quilts, once I finish admiring all my hard work :)  I spun the seams at every corner on the back of this quilt, to make sure it lies perfects flat.  The pressing was almost more time consuming than the sewing, because of that.

Then I played with some backing choices.  Flannel of course - that's a requirement for Victoria's Quilts.  After debating between these 3, I decided on the lighter brown fabric for the backing.



One other finish today - I finally! finished an embroidery block that I've been working on since January.  It really should not have taken this long, but I kept avoiding it, especially once I started on the black sections. But I think the rest of the blocks for this charity quilt are still waiting, so I didn't completely miss the deadline.

Fabric usage this week:

4 yards used for top
3 yards used for backing

Total this year: 195 1/2 yards out

Drop by Judy's blog for more stash reports today.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Kaffe quilt--great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigger and Piglet are so cute! I love the embroidery. Great job on your numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish. It's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great, and you're so patient to press those corners carefully! Should be a good result. Great stash numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think you have done a great job on the Kaffe quilt - love his stuff and yours is great!1 (Almost makes me want to give one a try!!! But I know better.... maybe some day.... first I will find the book.....UH OH!!!)

    I love coming here for inspiration - and seeing what you are working on - always good stuff so - keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete