Saturday, July 11, 2015

Another Top

I stitched away this past week, and finished assembling my latest top.  Loosely based on the technique found in "One-derful 1 Fabric Quilts" by Kay Nickols.


This was an interesting experiment. Not 100% successful, but it was fun to do. I learned a few things about fabric that might make a good one-fabric quilt.  More variety in the stripes would be the key, I think. The large sections of green in this one made the cutting a challenge, to get 4 nice blocks out of one cut.  I ended up making many differently placed cuts, hence my wide variety of block layouts.

There is also a heck of a lot of bias in this quilt (ie, every single square and all the edges). I'm not planning to add a border, but that might have been a good idea just to stabilize the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment