Saturday 2 February 2019

One-Fabric Quilt

This poor quilt has been in my UFO pile for ages. I bought the fabric - a border print - way back in 2013 or 2014. It was going to be a final border for a mystery quilt, because it was from the same line as the rest of the fabrics I bought.  But in the end, it did not work out AT ALL. The border print was much too busy and heavy for the quilt that we ended up with (with lots of empty background space).

So, the print went into the stash.  Then one day I saw a book on "one fabric quilts" and thought it looked interesting. So I picked it up and pulled this fabric from my stash.  In the end, I didn't like the One Fabric process - it was quite wasteful. So I fudged a bit, to get the maximum blocks I could from my fabric. That meant that my blocks were all unique, rather than getting many of each of two different blocks.  So the layout is a bit creative. And you can see here how busy the fabric was, since the "background" in this quilt is quite busy.

This is now complete and bound, and will be headed out as a donation quilt to one of my guilds this month.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes that fabric is very busy but I think you were able to balance it nicely and come up with a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete