Thursday 1 February 2024

Another January finish

 I have an itty bitty finish to close off this month.  This little bear first started as a guild challenge. I missed the hand-in date for that one, so into the orphan bit it went.  Then, it revived as the center for a "Roosting Round Robin" with one of my guilds.  I loved the idea - for those who don't know, a round robin is a  quilt that gets passed among a group of friends, each adding a part to it of their own design.  Because it was during covid, this was a roosting round robin - it roosted at home and we made our own quilt, using prompts provided each month by the guild.

I thought I'd love it, because one of my favourite projects was a block of the month from a local shop, where they just told us what to make, but not how many or the sizes.  So, for example, "make flying geese this month". Then at the end, we put our bits together into a quilt.  But unfortunately I lost interest in this one pretty quickly, because the prompts didn't really speak to me.  So, it sat.

Sometime last year, I added a couple of asymmetrical borders to make it into a quiltie, and now it is (finally) done and ready to donate.  The eyes and nose are fabric, not buttons, so it will be safe for a little one.



No comments:

Post a Comment