Wednesday 31 January 2024

Merry Mayhem

Every year, I have a look at Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day mystery. Some years I jump in, other years not so much. This one was tough. It's very scrappy, with 3 unifying fabrics, and I find those a big challenge to deal with. But I had a box of precuts, that fit the cutting sizes for this quilt very nicely, so I decided to jump in with both feet.

As always, I wanted a charity quilt out of this, so I had to play around with her sizing. And I was working blind, because I wanted to know how many units to make up front, rather than going back and making more later.  This is were her method - cut *everything* up front - works out really well.  I decided that 48 was my number, and jumped into the cutting process before the holidays.

On New Year's Day, I worked through a lot of it, but got way behind pretty quickly due to the size of my quilt.  But, that's was group sew days are for :)  When I finished Bonnie Hunter, I took advantage of my Bonnie Sew Days to work on Merry Mayhem. And last weekend I finished it!  

A little advice from some friends and I swapped the original plan for sashing and borders, and it all came together.



No comments:

Post a Comment