Saturday 10 March 2012

Sewing Saturday

I decided to take a lazy Saturday, and spend as much of it in my sewing room as possible.  It's time, I decided, to start the March colour challenge.  Finishing the Dancing with the Stars BOM can wait. And the indigo quilt still hasn't told me how to quilt the white areas.  So, March comes out.  Cuting and sewing, and more cutting and sewing, and this is what I had by noon.

I took a break and did the grocery shopping. The fridge was pretty bare, and I figured that feeding the kids was probably a necessity this weekend.  So, groceries purchased and put away.  And back to my sewing and cutting, and more sewing. 

Here is my current progress.  36 of these blocks to make, and just 3 more strips to attach to most of them.  I may even get them all made today.  Then I can play with the layouts.

For now, I'm going to put my feet up for an hour. Then think about doing some laundry and starting dinner, before I head back into my sewing room for the evening.

2 comments:

  1. I love those log cabin blocks, in those colours. It will be fun to see how it goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your blocks. You had a successful day in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete