I took my March UFO, and contemplated the various sashing options overnight. Morning brought clarity and a decision. Then, all I had to do was get through a full day of work, before I could get back into my sewing room to put the final touches on the project.
I chose the blue/orange batik, and added corner stones in the orange. The corners of the quilt are an extra block that I made, which turned out to be 1/4" too small. Using the pieces there meant that the border strips were 39" long - just perfect for one width of fabric.
I love the end result. Thanks to Judy's UFO Challenge, another poor, ignored project came out of the closet, and turned into a quilt. I have a backing fabric in mind, so there's even a chance this will be quilted before the end of the month. But, I'm not getting my hopes up. First on the list - quilt the indigo quilt, and make my March Colour Challenge quilt.