Sunday 4 March 2012

Stash Report - Mar 4

I did a lot of sewing this week, but most of it was quilting, on items already basted, so not much usage to report.  I used 1/2 yard binding for 2 quilts, and 1/2 yard backing for one.

Another trip to the quilt store netted me 2 yards of backing for the Feb colour challenge, and 1/2 yard to fill out the palette for March.  This colour challenge is a lot of fun, but it is not being very friendly to my pocketbook :)

So, for this week, that's 1 yard out, 2.5 yards in

Total this year:
18 1/4 yards out, 57.5 yards in
Net for 2012: 39 1/4 yards in 


What's next for me?  I want to quilt the indigo quilt from last June's colour challenge.  It's already backed and basted, and I need the pins back if I'm going to baste this month's UFO.  I have 2 "quilt kits" in hand - that is, fabric purchased to make a quilt, but no design in mind.  So I want to spend some time with EQ this month, and see if I can come up with a design I like for those fabric sets.  And of course I have the March colour challenge.  

Fabric is bought for that one and a pattern picked, so I just need to get started. Here's the colour palette from Vicky, and my fabric choices.  My yellow is much brighter in person, and I thought the black was blacker than that.  I may look for something darker in that one.

Check out Judy's blog for more stash reports today.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving right along. Challenge colors good great. Anxious to see what your pattern is.

    ReplyDelete