I feel like a student writing a "what I did on my summer vacation" report :)
Here are the tops I came home from retreat with. Pretty good progress for 3 days, I think. Now to finish them up and get back to the 2 quilts on my design wall, before another new project jumps out at me.
But first - let's play spot the mistake :( I'll have to fix that pink block before I quilt this one. But it does look interesting, so maybe my next disappearing hourglass will be a bit different.
I ended up making a couple of fabric substitutions when I was at
retreat. I didn't have enough of the grey fabric it called for (no idea
what I was thinking when I pulled a fat eighth for that). And I ran out
of my light brown (sand) colour - I knew it was tight when I pulled it,
but I thought there would be enough. Fortunately, where I had to
substitute was in the 4 corners so the fact that the fabric doesn't
match is ok. I simply scavenged a light-ish brown from another project in my bag and made it work.