Saturday 4 July 2015

New Project

Yet again, I had the greatest of intentions to finish up some projects, but instead I seem to have started something new. This fabric was a possibility for the border of my mystery quilt, but once the quilt was assembled and I auditioned the fabric, it was clear that this would not work. The print is much too dark for the quilt.

So, back to the pattern for the pieced border. But now I needed a new project for this border print.

Enter, "One-derful 1Fabric Quilts" by Kay Nickols.  Glancing through the book, this looks interesting so I proceeded to cut up a couple of meters of fabric to play with. Here's what I have so far.  I think I can make this work with a creative placement of squares and careful cutting, so onward I go.

Join me over at WIPs Be Gone for more eye-candy.  And maybe eventually I'll actually post something that lives up to the name of that linkup :)


2 comments:

  1. LOL - I"m trying to do that myself - make a wip be gone - and it is slow going. Love both of your quilts! Thanks for linking and sharing your progress, Krista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new one is fascinating! I will be interested to see how it finishes. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete