Sunday 15 November 2009

Stash Report - Nov 15

I finished 2 quilts this week (labels on).   This one is "Starburst" and is my next quilty for donation to the children's hospital.  100% stash, including the backing (but that was all counted weeks ago, during the construction phases).  The other is still a secret, but I should be able to get it mailed out this week, and then I'll be able to post a picture.

I was dreading reporting on my stash this week.  5.25 yards purchased on Monday took my yardage out in the wrong direction.  But it turned out to be a great week in my sewing room. Wednesday was a holiday, and I spent most of it sewing, and then yesterday I managed to spend another day with my fabric.  Overall, a net bust for the week!

Bought: 5.25 yards
Used: 2.75 yards for new quilt
          1 yard for quilt for an hour
          3 yards for Christmas napkins
          1 yard for a kitty bed

Totals for this year:
Used YTD: 53.0 yards
Added YTD: 41.75 yards
Net: 11.25 yards out this year

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters have been up to this week.

5 comments:

  1. Not only a net bust for the week, but a net bust since you've been counting. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stash report. How nice to donate your starburst to the children's hospital. Anything with purple and green is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, you CAN buy fabric and use it too! And if you don't have some fresh fabric once in a while, the stash grows stale! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice stash report! i love the quilt by the way.. i wish i had time to learn to quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete