Saturday 6 April 2013

April UFO plans

I've been pondering my April UFO for a week or so.  I'm not feeling inspired to quilt any of the 8 projects hanging in my closet, although I probably should tackle one of them. But, I have decided, in the interest of cleaning my sewing room a bit, to do something with this quilt.  It's a jelly roll race from a retreat last November.  I realized when it came home that I really didn't love it, and have no interest in keeping it around.  Rather than just bind it and send it out, I decided to turn it into several baby quilts, which I can donate through my guild.

Here is the first one, cut and ready to assemble. The only sticking point with this plan is - I hate doing quilt-as-you-go, which is essentially what this project turned into.  I had already quilted it before deciding I didn't like it as a large quilt.  So my cut pieces are already quilted and will have to be assembled with sashing.  Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it and complete these quilts in time for donating at guild this month.

I'm linking up my plans at A Lovely Year of Finishes



No comments:

Post a Comment