Sunday 30 June 2013

Stash Report

Doubling this post up for Design Wall Monday, because while some blocks go sewn together, not much has changed.

I've been working on a new quilt this week.  The top is not done yet, so no stash usage to report there.  I have the bit on my wall now ready for assembly, and I'm trying to decide if I want the green accent pieces.  They were supposed to pop, but the green is so close to the green in the print that I'm not sure the effect is what I was hoping for.


I did manage to use some stash however.  Backing for the quilt on the long arm is 5 yards.

Total stash usage this year: 130 3/4 yards out

Drop by Judy's blog for more stash reports.


5 comments:

  1. I like the monochromatic version better, but that's probably because I really like purple. Great stash busting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you try to pick up one of the darker greens in the print it will work better; I think it needs to be BRIGHT. Maybe a yellow would work? You are doing well using your stash! Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one that's all purple better. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design - it really catches the eye! What if you used a brighter green? I really like to have a "zinger" fabric in a quilt, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. It looks great without the green too, so you're going to have a winner no matter which you decide :*)

    ReplyDelete