Friday 14 March 2014

100 Happy Days

I saw a link to this site 100happydays on one of my Facebook friends' walls the other day.  I think it's a very interesting idea, although I object to their statement that 71% dropped out because they don't have time to be happy.  I think it's more likely don't have time to take a picture and post about being happy.  I really like the idea of focusing on what made me happy each day - but I'm not a shutterbug, and there's no way I'm going to whip out my camera in the middle of an activity to capture "happy" and post it somewhere.  But even in the 2 or 3 days that I was pondering the idea, I started to notice the little things around me that make me happy in the middle of a busy day.  So I decided to record my happy days, simply in a list on my phone. Not to share anywhere, but simply to make myself think about all the little joys in life.

Today is day 4, and 3 hours of sewing not only made the happy list, but produced this (as well as progress on a couple of customer quilts).  Still need to add the borders here, but it is coming together.  Next up, the little one with the leftover blocks. That one is going to have white sashing between all the blocks, rather than coloured.  That will help me equalize the sizes, and it will be interesting to see the different effects in the two quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment