Monday 3 March 2014

Design Wall Monday - March 3

My design wall looks pretty much the same as it did last week.  No progress on the backing since last weekend.

But I did finish 2 house blocks, which catches me up to being only 1 month behind on Downtown.  That right-hand church is not nearly so cock-eyed as it looks.  It's actually perfectly square but I guess I wasn't too careful when I stuck it on the wall for photo-time.

Plus, I did my block of the week. Cute little 6 inch block, and the strips were already cut to size. This one was quick :)  Now I  just have to remember to take it in on Saturday and get the next one.

And, I did some necessary repairs, which did take away from my quilting time this week.  I went down to my longarm the other day, turned on the lights, and only one of the fluorescent lights came on.  Since all 4 tubes were dark, I figured it was not simply a burnt-out bulb. 

Headed out to Home Depot today, and got myself set up with a new ballast for the light fixture.  Managed to get it installed before it got too dark, and I can once again see to do my quilting.  I even finished a customer quilt today and started a new one, now that I can see what I'm doing again.

Drop by Judy's blog to see what everyone else has on their design walls.



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty churches and I love the colorful squares with the black. The diminishing squares is such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete