Tuesday 18 March 2014

Purple Progress

This quilt is VERY purple. I saw this pattern (or something like it) online and wanted to try it out.  I had 4 purple fat quarters, which seemed like a good choice for a quick trial.  The FQs turned out to be really 2 colours, since the darks were both very similar, as were the lights.  So, I ended up with these blocks (plus one mirror block due to a cutting mistake on block 2).  Still loving my "Cut-a-round" ruler for making circles - although the fact that their 8" circle is 8" cut, not finished, is a bit disappointing.  Good luck finding a half-circle that fits perfectly inside another.

It will be just a little quilt (each block is about 8"), but it was fun to put together and might see light of day in a better set of fabrics and a larger setting.  Now to decide whether to add borders, or just finish this off as a little quiltie.

I'm linking up at The Needle and Thread network, and Freshly Pieced "Work in Progress Wednesday" today.

11 comments:

  1. An intriguing pattern! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would finish it as a small quilt. It is so different and lovely, in a few years you will be glad you took the time now.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the purple and the cool design! And you have a great blog name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday and had to click over. I love purple and your design just called out to me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tone on tone purple is goregous. The way the blocks play together is a really interesting visual. I'd vote for finishing it off without borders, but I'm not too much of a border person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! What a great way to work with circles! You are going to have a really striking wall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a neat quilt so far! I love the purple on purple and interesting curves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, however you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen this pattern before, it's intriguing and beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete