Friday, October 14, 2011

A Hallowe'en Finish

My Hallowe'en quilt is complete, and hanging in my front window.  A full 2 weeks early, even!

This was a lot of fun. I took inspiration from the block lotto curved rails, and 10 fat quarters I picked up this past weekend when I was out looking for inspiration.  The curved blocks went together really quickly, and used pretty much every scrap of the 10 fat quarters - I cut the quarters into 9" squares, and then cut the curves in those blocks.  Final blocks were trimmed down to 8" unfinished.  The FQs made 40 blocks in total - 10 down the sides of the panel on one side, and the other 30 blocks made up the reverse of the quilt.

I quilted it with freehand loops, and hung it with clips (to keep the 2-sided option) in my front window for the season.  I can't wait for daylight tomorrow, so I can see what it looks like from outside.  The panels in the window will probably interfere a bit, but hopefully people will be able to tell what it is.

This is my first seasonal quilt. And now I'm inspired to do something for Christmas next.




2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun this is!!! You did a great job on it! I found you through the QG contest -- I voted for your quilt entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful!!!!!! I love seasonal quilts, but never seem to get around to doing any.

    ReplyDelete