Monday 7 November 2011

Design Wall Monday - Nov 7

No, I'm not pairing the pink and green with the black and white :) There are two projects on my design wall today.  First, my black and white (and red) quilt - the monochromatic challenge for November, and a quilt that I've had in mind for a while now.  I think I have the layout done, so I will start assembling the blocks shortly.  Lots of short, inset seams, so it's going to take a while.  I don't know if it will make November, but I'm going to try.

The other is a baby quilt I'm working on, from the pinks and green I showed last week.  I decided on a layout and started sewing blocks.  But now I've decided that was going to be too big, so I'm make it a bit smaller. I'll have some leftover blocks that will need to find a home after that.  I'm not sure where I'll layout out this quilt as I assemble it, since there isn't much room on my design wall right now, but I'll figure something out.

For more design walls, head over to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

  1. Love the black and white with pops of red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh, that black white and red quilt is really going to be stunning! What is your trick for inset seams? I've never been able to get them just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your black and white quilt will be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the monochromatic quilt on your DW; it's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black and white quilt you are doing is really great. Can't wait to see its progress. Extra baby quilt blocks make a fun pieced backing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice meet to the challenge of black and white and one other color--wow, lots of work ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really liking the red star. It gets you looking there right from the beginning! Use the extra baby quilt blocks on the back...or do you have a minky back planned? Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black, white and red is very striking. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Now that black & white is impressive!! Can't wait to see it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What else can I say? It is fantastic! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete