Friday 15 November 2013

Quilting Decisions

After lots of contemplation, and one false start, I have figured out how I want to quilt my turquoise star.  Still working on the details for the background sections, but I should have that figured out by the time I get there.  Now if only I didn`t have to work today and could quilt all day. 

Choosing a quilting design has got to be one of the hardest parts of quilting for me (even harder than picking fabric, which can take me hours sometimes).  I do think it gets easier, both with practice and with experience in the actual quilting. I`m no longer afraid that I`ll pick something  I can`t do justice to, so that does open up a lot more options these days.  But there`s still a great deal of angst from the time I decide what I`m going to do, until I can actually see it taking shape on the quilt.


2 comments:

  1. You are 100% right about the quilting pattern!! I cannot decide on it...it drives me crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that is so pretty!! What is the name of this quilt pattern? Iwould love to do it.

    ReplyDelete