Friday 4 April 2014

New project

I need a new project like I need a hole in the head, but I have all this fabric to use up :)  I bought some fabric a while back to make a One Block Wonder quilt, so I pulled it out and started cutting this week.

First, I did take the time to read the book I bought, and learned that I maybe should have been a bit more careful when picking the fabric :)  But it's just a test, so we'll see how it goes.

I did fortunately have enough fabric - 9 repeats in fact, when all I needed was 6.  So I'll have some leftover for borders.  I also pulled the brown fabric in the first photo from my stash - I think it will make a nice accent border.

I was considering splitting the quilt into segments, with the brown dividing them, but when I laid everything out and calculated the size, I think the quilt is going to be just right without stretching it.

I think this is the final layout.  I'll leave it up for a day or two, to decide if anything needs to move around. I really like the left side, but right is a bit less organized.


I'm linking up over at Fort Worth Fabric Studio today.
Fort Worth Fabric Studio Blog

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's going to be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, I love OBW quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your layout, Krista! Great work : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to turn out lovely! I think your layout looks great! :) Can't wait to see this finished!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete