Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Progress

I finished one top over the weekend, successfully keeping it from becoming a UFO.  This little top started as a sample of what you can do with a 60 degree ruler.  I took 20 10" squares that I had leftover (from that quilt that I STILL cannot find), and cut them all into 4 5" triangles and 4 1/2 triangles (the "leavings" on the edges).  The center came out at 27x29", adding 2 pieced borders and the white batik (also from that same quilt leftovers) turned it into a 36x48" quilt, perfect for a donation to Victoria's Quilts. I pieced the backing from some leftover flannel, and now it sits in my closet waiting for a turn on the longarm.

I've also been working to catch up on a guild mystery.  I thought I'd get farther, but every little bit helps. This is the October clue and almost all of the November clue complete.  I had hoped to be all caught up by Wednesday but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'm linking up over at WIPs be Gone today.  Drop by to see what everyone is up to.


2 comments: