Saturday 28 February 2015

Block Progress

I have finished the top I was working on, and put together all the blocks for a second complementary top.  This quilt pattern is from "Modern Neutrals" by Amy Ellis.

For the second quilt I reversed the dark and light fabrics, so the overall effect is a slightly lighter/brighter quilt this time. Once I get all the new blocks put together, I'll have to take pictures of the two quilts in the same location so that the lighting is the same.  But for now, I think I do like the lighter one better.
It's also time to add up my blocks for the month, for the 350 block challenge.  I thought it was going to be a slow month, but I surprised myself.  These are all the blocks I made this month:

6 arrows - block lotto
4 blocks - 60 degree triangle samples
3 blocks - finishing pyramid quilt(that's a guesstimate, since the quilt doesn't have traditional blocks)
20 blocks - neutral quilt
20 blocks - second neutral quilt
16 blocks - guild mystery


That's a total of 69 blocks completed this month.  And (69+74) = 143 blocks so far this year.



I'm linking up at WIPs be Gone today, and at the 350 block challenge.  


1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of blocks -- and very interesting ones, at that!

    ReplyDelete