Friday, March 27, 2015

It's almost a fix

I decided to add sashing to my quilt, to fix the alignment issues I had when I went to sew together my strippy blocks.  Unfortunately, I should have thought about the size of that sashing just a little bit longer. I made it based on the ideal cutting of those blocks, but life is never ideal and my strips are a bit more out of alignment than I accounted for.  But this will have to do, because I'm not taking it apart again :)  The edges of my squares are going to be a bit wobbly, but I think the overall design is still going to show through.  And I know what I did wrong, so I'm already planning a new quilt, using one of my jelly rolls.

The lower right section of this picture is complete. The rest is sewn into rows, but the rows aren't assembled yet.

I'm linking up over at WIPs be Gone today. One day I'll have something new to show you :)

4 comments:

  1. Good solution. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great solution to your dilemma. I like this one best. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone. We love to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete