Saturday, March 14, 2015

New Project

I'm almost caught up on some of my block of the month projects, so I decided it was time to start a new one. No new fabric, but I bought a pattern a few weeks ago. I didn't like the way it was assembled (foundation piecing) so I also picked up a strip tube ruler.  This morning, I cut all the strips I need to make 30 blocks. And the first 10 are now done.

It's not the most exciting quilt to put together (sew 14 strips together, cut into squares). But I am already loving the result! I bought this fabric over a year ago, with a vague plan in mind - a neutral quilt with pops of turquoise. This is a different quilt, but I think it was a good choice.


Stash report for this week - nothing in, nothing out.  But lots of sewing going on.

Stash totals for the year:
80.5 yards in
72.25 yards out
Total: 8 1/4 yards in

Drop by Judy's blog to see how everyone else is doing this week.
Also linking up at WIPs Be Gone (thanks for the reminder), although I think this is more a case of creating WIPs, than finishing them :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love it! Boring to stitch maybe but beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the colors you've used, the turquoise really shines in that palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty - so crisp and clean while soothing. I invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone, Krista, to share your great modern quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabrics! This making a very effective quilt. I've never done one this way.

    ReplyDelete