Thursday, May 21, 2015

A week of finishes

I decided that I needed to get a couple of quilts bound, so that I could move them out of my sewing room.  So I buckled down and put the binding on these 2 quilts. They will both be donated to Victoria's quilts, as they are the correct size for baby quilts and are backed in flannel.  Silly sideways photo. This first quilt is made from a fabric collection I picked up at a guild meeting last year.  I added just a little bit of yellow and used pretty much every scrap of the fat quarters I had.

This second quilt is a really old UFO.  I must have started it back in 2009 or so.  It was based on a design from Judy Laquidara, and it's been hanging in my closet for ages, waiting to be quilted. I finally pulled it out a few weeks ago and did the quilting in between some customer quilts. And now the binding is finally on. Now that I pull this one out again, I realize how much I like the setting. Another quilt just might be going on the list ...

Later, I was working my long arm, and I found 2 small quilts down there which I had used as samples about a year ago, to test some new designs.  So, I figured they'd better get bound too.

And then I looked in my ottoman.  It's a nice storage area, and I was using it to keep quilts in progress out of the kitties reach while they were being bound. But I knew I hadn't opened it for about a year. In there, were these 4 quilts. They are made from a jelly roll race quilt that I didn't like. So I chopped it up and made 5 little quilties for donation. One was completed ages ago, but these 4 were waiting patiently in my stack to be bound.

And finally this quilt.  It's part of a series of quilts I made from a book I bought some time ago (can't remember the name right now).  I downsized this one so that I could make it from a few fat quarters, because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. The book had less-than-stellar colour choices for all the quilts, so it was hard to tell what it would look like in the end with more definition in the piecing.  I definitely like the result, so this may become a full size quilt in the future.

For now, all 7 of these small quilties have been bound, washed, and dropped off at guild for donation to the local children's hospital.

Check out everyone's work over at WIPs Be Gone, and Link a Finish.





4 comments:

  1. Well look at you knocking all these WIPs out of the park! They're all so different and lovely such thoughtful donations to your children's hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilts! They will be loved by someone special and you are so gracious to donate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of finishes! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete