Saturday 12 September 2015

Reflections

Reflections
I've been working on a little sample quilt, trying out a theory to see if it would translate into fabric.  Surprisingly, it worked out almost exactly like I had hoped.  It is another effort that shows up best in photos (or from a larger distance), but I'm pretty happy with the result.  In the first half of the assembly, I was pretty careful about the flow of the shimmer, but I see at the end I got careless and simply staggered each row back and forth.  That will have to be fixed for the final quilt.

The other thing that's been occupying my time this week is a revival of my sewing skills from 20 (or more) years ago.  I had the foolish idea to make a dress for a dance party I'm going to next month. The theme is formal, but I'm dancing Bolero so I needed something that was somewhat of a crossover.  Nothing in my closet suited, so I thought I'd try my hand at this.  The picture is awful, but I'm pretty pleased with the dress. A couple of tweaks still needed, but I think it will suit just fine.  And now I'm on a mission to find the dress form my mother used to have.  That would have made this process much simpler.


1 comment:

  1. I think you are right about showing up best in photos. The little shot really took my breath away. I'm sure you'll work out the details in your final piece.

    ReplyDelete