Tuesday 22 March 2016

(Lack of) Motivation

The challenges of making progress, when the two active projects are not inspiring your mojo :(  I have a quilt on the long arm. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm just not feeling the love at the moment.  But I need to get it finished for two reasons - I have a deadline, and I want to put something more inspiring on the machine ASAP. 

Then there's my piecing project.  I avoided my grey quilt for weeks. Finally came up with a plan, and I really like the design on my wall. But Winding Ways blocks are pretty time consuming to put together, and require some precise sewing.  So much for my chain piecing, whip it together in a day process.

I know, I just need to relax and enjoy the process.  Maybe if I knew this quilt was acceptable for the challenge, I'd be more motivated to finish it. It also doesn't help that I'm not completely happy with the layout in the lower left corner. Not sure how to fix it, since I'm out of all my lightest greys.

I did get one block sewn today, and maybe I'll kick my butt upstairs after I post this, and sew a couple more.  There are only 48 (eek!) blocks to make.

2 comments:

  1. Stick with it. It's gonna be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just call me up - the queen of procrastination! I'm finally getting off my rump and doing what someone suggested about putting in a few minutes a day and building up to finishing off those projects that may not inspire me as much anymore (and her initials were KZ - you might know her!)

    ReplyDelete