A glimpse into my quilting journey - projects, tips, techniques, and more.
Friday, March 11, 2016
I have a lovely little finish to show today. I finally finished my Mexican Star quilt. I showed the quilting the other day, but I figured out the binding and got that done this week. I love the look of the piping - it's the first time I've tried that and it worked out great. And had the added bonus that it allowed me to machine stitch the binding down with no guilt :)
This is one of my oldest UFOs, and a project on my Q1 Finish-along list. I'll be linking up with the 2016 Finish Along when the time comes. My Q1 plans can be found here.
In addition to this quilt, I put the binding on a quilty the other night, so that I could donate it at guild yesterday. This is a giant disappearing 9-patch block. Would probably have looked better with a third colour, but I worked with what I had at the retreat when I made it.