Friday 11 March 2016

Mexican Star

I have a lovely little finish to show today. I finally finished my Mexican Star quilt.   I showed the quilting the other day, but I figured out the binding and got that done this week.  I love the look of the piping - it's the first time I've tried that and it worked out great. And had the added bonus that it allowed me to machine stitch the binding down with no guilt :)


This is one of my oldest UFOs, and a project on my Q1 Finish-along list. I'll be linking up with the 2016 Finish Along when the time comes. My Q1 plans can be found here.

I'm also linking up to WIPs be Gone today.

In addition to this quilt, I put the binding on a quilty the other night, so that I could donate it at guild yesterday. This is a giant disappearing 9-patch block. Would probably have looked better with a third colour, but I worked with what I had at the retreat when I made it.


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Mexican star. I love the 3-dimensional parts. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed you do have a lovely finish to show. It is spectacular! I love the folded inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so pretty. And it must feel great to get one of your oldest WIPs done! Lovely. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete