Wednesday 3 February 2016

Giraffe Madness

You probably can't tell, but this is going to be a giraffe when it's done. This is the new project I started yesterday. It will be a class at MadAboutPatchwork.com in the spring, so I need to get the sample done.  So far, I've completed about 15 of the 100 sections - this could take a while :)  It's a really cute paper pieced giraffe by Violet Craft and I'm loving watching it come together.

On another front, this is the finished quilt for the Ottawa modern quilt guild contribution to the QuiltCon charity quilt challenge (camera skill not withstanding, this is actually a rectangular quilt).  12 members worked together to make blocks representing early Canadian industry and put them together into a quilt.  The colours were oh-so-close to Hudson Bay colours (think green, rather than turquoise) that we decided to use that as part of the theme for the quilt. You can see many variations of Hudson Bay stripes incorporated there.

Linking up at Freshly Pieced and the Needle and Thread Network today.


3 comments:

  1. Trying to imagine how those pieces/parts will become a giraffe; I guess you'll keep us posted ... Your guild used the colors in the QuiltCon entry very effectively. The stripes remind me of the Hudson Bay coat my dad made me buy on a 95-degree day in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that it's the legs of the giraffe. I like the different fabrics you are using for it.

    ReplyDelete