Monday 15 February 2016

Quilting fun



I had a really productive weekend with the longarm. Nothing new is on my design wall, but two quilts have moved from "to be quitled" to the "to be bound" pile over the weekend.  First, I played with a new feather technique, and went a bit crazy on my Starburst quilt. This is quilt #3 from this pattern, and I think I've pretty much done it to death now :)

I love the way the back came out - especially the center of the star.


The feathers are from "Hooked on Feathers" by Sally Terry, and were a ton of fun to do.


My second quilted top is more recent than this one.  "Paris" is now quilted, and will hopefully be bound before my guild meeting on the 22nd. I made this top at a retreat in November, and it's been waiting to get onto the longarm since then. This block is going to be the Block of the Month at the Ottawa Modern Guild next week, so I wanted to have a finished quilt to show everyone.  The biggest challenge here was making sure all the Paris prints ended up the right way up, while keeping a good distribution of the various colours.

Just for fun, I made a giant block for the backing.  I was out of the fabric (solids) I used on the front, but found some tone on tone in the right colours for the backing.

I'm linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday today, even though this is more of a 'Completed Floor' show, rather than a design wall :)



3 comments:

  1. Neat backing idea. The back of the first quilt looks like a whole cloth. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilting, I have a pile of quilt me...that I am trying to corral and get done.

    ReplyDelete