Friday 12 February 2016

A Finish and Choices

I finished another of my tops from the New Year's mystery blitz. This one was not actually a mystery. I cut the strips to make a second quilt for the yahoo.com mystery I was doing, but decided it didn't work, after I saw the instructions. The mystery really needed a scrappy background, and this one was a single fabric. So I can up with this design, using most of the blocks from the pieces I'd cut in advance for the mystery. A few leftovers (mostly 2.5" squares) will be part of a later quilt.

This is one of the quilts I planned to finish for my Q1 plans in the UFO Finish Along, so progress is being made there.  It has already been sent out as a donation to Victoria's Quilts so now my sights turn onward to my next plan.

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling the love for any of the quilts I put on my Q1 list :( So I may pull something new out of the UFO closet to drop on the longarm this weekend.  Maybe this one, so I can try out a new feather technique I read about.


Although I'd really like to quilt this one, for show and tell at the next Modern guild meeting.  I don't know yet how I'm going to quilt this one, although I'm pretty sure it's going to involve lots of straight lines.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm linking up at WIPs Be Gone today.

I'll be linking up with the 2016 Finish Along when the time comes, as the first quilt above is on that list. My Q1 plans can be found here. 



2 comments:

  1. I really love that last quilt! Will look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely (and love the modern one!) Thanks again for linking up with the FAL :)

    ReplyDelete