Tuesday 26 January 2010

Morning Splash

Morning Splash is Done!  I put the final stitches in to the binding last night, and attached a label.  I really like this quilt that Judy designed.  The quilting doesn't show in this picture (I'm going to have to learn how to take better quilt pictures, I guess).  I used a variegated thread in purple, and a green backing to match the background/accent colours in the quilt.

The quilt's about 50x70, and the perfect size for cuddling under while watching TV.

11 comments:

  1. Really cute Krista, like the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt Krista. Really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of color. Is that black as a contrast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What looks black is actually a really dark purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous Krista! Good work on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love your quilt. Great design, colors & fabric. Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great. Morning Splash is on my to do list. Love your quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, a great job done! This one turned out wonderful and the colour choices worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that I see your quilt finished - It really motivated me into completing mine. I ran into a snag with the third pieced boarder being a couple inches to big and got flusters and put it to the side. It is constantly staring at me to complete it. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete