Thursday, January 7, 2010
One down ...
All I had to do was the little bit of embroidery, and then figure out where/how to hang them. So, about 4 months ago, I went out to buy some black embroidery thread. I brought it home, and promptly misplaced it. Found it again a month later, and put it somewhere safe - out of sight, out of mind apparently. And I still wasn't in a rush to finish the last bit, because I didn't know how I wanted to display these. Finally went out an bought a rod, and figured I'd hang the 3 in a row.
Then my trip happened. And Christmas. And things just sat around my sewing room. After posting my Accountability Challenge yesterday, I was inspired. The first thing I did after work was pull out these quilts, and my black embroidery thread. Then I looked at the thread, and the quilts, and the design. And realized I needed light coloured thread, not black. So, I was all set to put these back on the shelf for another few months. But I decided to have a quick look around - and I found white embroidery thread in my drawer. I have no idea why, but Yay! I finished up the quilts before I could have second thoughts about it.
Then I pulled out the rod I bought, threaded the quilts onto it, and said "ick!" No way did I want the three quilts hanging in a straight row across the wall. So I abandoned that thought, but held tight to my motivation and came up with an alternative for display. All set now. I can't believe it took me this long, but I finally did it.. It's amazing what a little bit of encouragement and focus can do.
My son is not too happy though. There is one quilt here for each of my cats, but he says the orange one does not look like the real kitty. He's pushing for some modifications. I am however considering it done at this point, and calling it artistic license.
Looking at these 3 photos, I see that none of my cats likes to look at the camera when pictures are being taken :)
Labels: finished projects