Monday 16 May 2011

Design Wall Monday - May 16

I got busy this week, and my design wall finally has something new to show.  This is my next set of placements.  I've had the cat fabric in my stash for ages - 2 fat quarters.  I used the original coordinating fabric for something else, so I dug around in the stash and found a 5" noodle of the brown circles, and a 1/2 yard of the border fabric.  I would have liked a bit more of the circle fabric for an inner border, but I worked with what I had and I think the result is going to be acceptable.

It's odd - I've had this cat fabric, and I knew it went together, but I never realized that the small print has the same cats in it as the larger print.  It's not obvious in this particular mat, I see, but those kitties definitely show up in the second print.

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters are up to this week.

3 comments:

  1. It is very acceptable! I like it!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placemats are a great idea. Isn't it funny how the fabrics go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your placemat. I made 22 of them for Christmas last year, well almost, my 4 are still UFOs. Guess I need to finish them so we have placemats, too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete