Friday 30 September 2011

Another Finish

Another one done!  This is one of the tic-tac-toe quilts, from blocks I won last year at the block lotto.  I took the final 15 blocks and assembled them with a simple sashing.  The backing on this quilt is polar fleece - nice and soft.  To keep it that way, I did very light quilting, outlining each block and stitching in the ditch along each border & sashing strip.

This was my UFO for September, finished right on time.  I also finished another UFO (the August number) this month, so it's been a good month on the UFO front.

Of course, since it's the end of the month, it's also time to report on the monochromatic challenge.  This month was green.  Do you think it counts, if the only fabric I added to these blocks was green & white?  My work is monochromatic, even if the quilt isn't  :)  Maybe not.  I'll have to call a pass on the monochromatic challenge for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment