Wednesday 4 January 2012

Colours for Palette Challenge

I got sucked into my local fabric shop yesterday, because they were having their annual fabric sale.  I decided to pick up some fabric for the January colour challenge - I really want to participate, but the fact that my stash didn't have anything usable almost kept me out.  I'll join in this month, but I may have to rethink later months, because I don't want to be buying fabric every month this year.


Here is the colour palette from Vicky for January.  On Friday she's going to give us a colour lesson, but I wanted to get the fabric for this challenge while the sale was on, so I went ahead and did that.  I had a bit of trouble, because my printout was really dark - so I was trying to remember the proper shade while at the store.


This is what I chose.  Looking at the palette now, the pink is not really right, but I may just go ahead with this anyway.  I don't have anything in my stash that fits better.  Hopefully there won't be any quilt police around for this challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you doing a colour challenge!! And don't worry about the quilt police - they are to busy with icy roads and making sure their coffee doesn't spill on the fabrics they just bought... although, that might make it a good shade for the quilt they are thinking about. Tea dyed works, why not coffee stained???

    Have fun with the work out you are taking on!! I think you will have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete