Saturday 13 July 2013

Finished projects

I dropped 2 quilts of at my local quilt shop today.  One is quilt is for a class I'll be teaching this fall at the store.  It's a quilt from Modern Patchwork.  I love the purples and greys we picked for it.  Even the back is pieced - every quilt in that book has a pieced back.



The second going to be heading out to Alberta, as part of the Quilts for Canmore quilt drive (see details on my post here).  I made this top at the last retreat I attended.  It was a speed challenge one night.  A layer cake of 10" squares, cut and sewn into this quilt top.  I won the challenge!  And now I'm donating this quilt.  I dropped it on the long arm on Thursday and did a quick loops pattern all over it.  Then bound it last night on my machine - I don't usually do that, but I wanted to get this sent off as quickly as possible.





2 comments:

  1. I love the purple and grey quilt too. Very beautiful. The back is so interesting. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks also for the generous gift to Alberta. So nice to see so many people helping out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching this fall??? I do need to get together with you to catch up. Congratulations.

    Beautiful job on the Alberta quilts. Someone is in for a real treat!

    ReplyDelete