A glimpse into my quilting journey - projects, tips, techniques, and more.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
New Year Mysteries
I spent all day yesterday working on a mystery quilt, and before the end of the night I had it done! In fact, I had two quilts done, because I resized the top to make it a donation quilt for Victoria's Quilts Canada. First, I have the full size quilt, with borders as designed for the mystery.
Then, I made a baby quilt out of the leftover blocks. A slight adjustment to the border stretched the quilt into the right size for a child-size donation.
So now I have 2 tops for donation - a great way to end the year I think.
And, I finished my prep work for Merry Mayhem's mystery today. A ton of little red and grey half-square triangles, ready to become a quilt of some sort.