Wednesday 23 January 2019

Good Fortune

Making progress on my Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune quilt. At retreat this week I got the center put together and the first three of four borders.

Now I have to make all the blocks for the final border, because I switched the colors after the reveal. I think they will be light purple/dark purple.

I love this quilt, but didn't want something really big, so I left two rows off. That kept the center balanced. But what I did not realize is that the shorter edge was then not the right size for an even number of the small bonus triangles used in border #2. So I tweaked the middle of each of those two borders to make it fit.

This also means that my last border is not going to fit, so I'll have to think about how I'll tweak that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment