Wednesday 2 January 2019

Guild Challenge


Last year, one of my guilds had a panel designed by Grace Noel when she spoke at our guild.  Everyone received one fat quarter, and our president challenged us all to make a project using the fabric.  A lot of bags were made, but I wanted to do something different. I've been on a One-Block Wonder kick lately, and decided that would be a perfect way to show off the panel.
I reached out to the designed, snagged an extra 8 fat quarters, and tried to create a wall hanging from that.

A few false starts, and I eventually ended up with this layout.  I wanted a couple of borders to set it off, and decided to use the blocks on the back of the quilt to avoid getting too big.

Carefully stitched 1/4" dark border, a blue flange on the binding, and my wall hanging was ready for the reveal at our December meeting.

The quilting design is intended to look like water, keeping with the theme of the river flowing through the center.

And the back - the extra blocks from 8 of the 9 panels I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment