Sunday, 27 January 2019

Summer Sampler

Last year, I joined in on the Summer Sampler project put on by Freshly Pieced. I decided to use my own fabric, in an effort to make a dent in my scraps. And I really liked the rainbow layout in the sample, so I tried that.

Additionally, I knew this quilt would end up as a donation, so I resized all the blocks to 10" blocks so the end result would be 50x70". That sounded great, until I figured out that taking a12" block down to 9" is easy, but 10" is a bit more tricky.

However, I persevered and this is the final result. A little scrappy binding to finish it off, and finish number two for 2019 is in the books. And it's headed off to Victoria's Quilts.

1 comment: