In 2015, one of my guilds ran a "Crayola" challenge. You picked a crayon, and had to make a quilted object using only that colour. I got grey. I was very uninspired by that selection at first, but once I realized how many shades of grey one could find, things got a little more interesting.
I thought about what quilt I wanted to make, and remembered that I had a template set for Winding Ways (which I must have bought around 2008), that I never used. So, a plan was born. The challenge was due in June 2016, but I figured I could make a lap quilt in that time. I plugged along, and by April I had this much don. Looking good - except none of those pieces are actually sewn together.
I have grand ideas - and eventually I'll get up the never (and the time) to try bring them to life on the quilt.