Saturday 26 November 2011

Almost Done!

I finished quilting the black and white quilt Thursday night.  I chose an overall meander for the quilting, because I thought all the angles in the quilt blocks needed curves to soften it a bit.  You can't really see the quilting in this picture - hopefully I can get some better pics once the binding is on. 


In the red patches, I did some detailed quilting with red thread, to add interest and highlight those blocks.

Binding will have to wait until Monday, when I'm back from my trip. I was planning black binding, but looking at the quilt I'm having second thoughts.  So, what do you think - black, or one (or several) of the black & white prints, for a scrappy binding?


2 comments:

  1. My opinion is that it needs a black as binding. It would give the impression of a frame to highlight the whole piece, and to contain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cathy, but you know me, I feel the need to emphasize the point....DO NOT USE A BLACK & WHITE SCRAPPY BOARDER PLEASE!

    The black only border would be great - the only other option would be a Red border!

    ReplyDelete